Marigold kitchen byob 3/21/07
Phila, PA 19104
Marigold was a good time. The restaurant itself is nice enough though the room we were in was a little tight for 20 people. It might be a new addition to the restaurant and maybe not all kinks worked out. The downstairs main dining area was much more charming though.
Over all, our group was treated really well by ANNE our server and the chef was nice to come up stairs to say hi - and receive a generous round of applause. He provided some great flavors during the experience; in the end everybody seemed pretty content and happy.
My favorite part of the meal was that the menu wasn't cliche' and that the chef approached it in a new way. The guy can cook.
- Carrot Soup with Miti-Crema and Mint
- Roasted Beet Salad with Manchego Cheese and Spiced walnuts
- Salmon Rillette with Warm Flatbread
- Pan-Roasted Monkfish with Fennel and Chestnut Tagine
- Seared Duck Breast with Parsnip Puree and Collard Green Crepinette
- Potato Gnocchi with Bluefoot Mushrooms and Umbra Cheese
- Warm Chocolate Cake with Yogurt Ice Cream and Turkish Coffee
- Pineapple Semolina Cake with Pineapple Sorbet